Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Mike Booty Philly Cheesteak Challenge





I know it's been a while since I've F'd with my Blog and I apologize. I recently took a trip to the east coast to visit New York, Atlantic City, and Philly. The trip was packed with a lot of eating adventures and I'm just barely recovering from my food coma. You got it, it's salad and lemon water for the next few weeks.

The highlight of the trip for me as far as food goes was our visit to Philly to grab their famous cheese steaks. We stopped at Geno's and Pat's the 2 famous cheesesteak (CS) spots that are directly across the street from one another.

My boy Jimmy and I decided to do a split. Jimmy went to Geno's and grabbed their CS with onions, mushrooms, and provolone. I went to Pat's to grab their CS with onions and cheezewiz. We split each sandwich and put it up to the old taste test. Geno's CS had thicker steak almost like deli carved slices and tasted like a cheesteak you can get pretty much anywhere. Don't get me wrong it was good. But it just didn't have that "Wow" factor. Pat's on the other hand was a very tasty CS. Their meat was a little more greasy and fat. You know what that means? More fat and grease mean more taste. On top of that they use cheeze wiz and I must admit the Wiz is the Biz!

Our verdict, Pat's wins on taste. It's a delicious CS and if you aren't counting calories etc.. is the one to go with. Now I've heard from others that the best thing to do is get a CS from Geno's with chessewiz, but we'll save that for another time.

No comments: